My mini scrapbook entry for the Spellbinders Super Start Contest 2024!

I was at home with a flue when I started to drawing out this project, so I had all the time in the world to think this through. I wanted to create something special for my long time ago holiday photo’s, these photos always make me smile again. That’s why I love to treasure my photos, they bring back all the good times and beautiful memories. Next I was looking at the spellbinders products and when I saw this 6”x 6” paperpad I knew directly this would make the perfect paper to cut out in different shapes to make a diorama book.



 I was thinking about looking through the glass (there’s also a song called like this, which just pops up in my head while writing this, how funny), like a shoebox diorama we made at school when i was a child. Well this is my adult version, in the shape of a mini scrapbook.



And you know what’s amazing, to make it I only used one Paperpad 6x6”, being the beautiful “floral friendship” collection of spellbinders. So this is made with only a few items. secretly, this book can storage an amazingly number of photos, a lot of them are fuzzy cut but this makes them pop-out more and is resulting in the diorama  effect. 



The front cover is as well a shaker as a looking glass through the whole book. And inside this shaker are  two beautiful butterflies locked up together with a lot of Disc Sequins! If you look closer you see me and my hubby in the back of the book while looking through it. The first page of the book makes a surprise effect by seeing all the little photos and all the layers. And the diversity of layers is what will do the trick of this project to make it magical.


Wherever you look, there is so much to discover in this on, just like our beautful holiday in Spain at that time, that also was a time of wondering. Of course my love for tulips had to be included, so at the inside back cover I’ve made a tab with wonderful tulips hotfoil set of spellbinders, tulips are always a good idea and with a magnetic closure it stays just in place, By this you can open another extra section of the book which has space for more bigger, favorite photos.




And did you take a look at the outside spine of this mini book, I used the open house door base die for it, isn’t that super cozy ! This die is just perfect for this spot.

I can make a guided workshop of this one, I designed it and saved all the measurements and ideas. I even have some updates with that for better results and adjustments for more photos. Would you make it ?

Let me know what you think about my entry for the spellbinders super star contest.


Love, Leintje*  

 ðŸ’—

More photo's: 
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Challenge YOUrself #28: This One's for the Girls!

Dutch Card Lovers Challenge #252

Mijn uitwerking / my card for the "4-Season challenge #68, Sketch"